Friday, 9 October 2009

Squash???

To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing to inform you of an incident that occurred last night, Friday 9th October, to which I am deeply disappointed.
I had a squash court booked from 6:40pm to 8pm and, upon arriving, it became apparent the University Squash club were on the court that was booked for us. Upon asking them to leave they said that they had the court booked from 6-10pm. Thus I went in search of confirmation from the receptionist that we had indeed booked the court and so I returned to speak to the representative of the Squash Society, and re-asked them to leave, but again to no avail. They refused to leave, repeating that they had it booked. After arguing with “Barnaby Smith” for 20 minutes, wasting 20 minutes of our allotted time I might add, we grudgingly agreed to leave and play in the morning, simply to avoid continual confrontation and because we didn’t want to play with the whole squash team watching us.
Upon returning to the desk to re-book our squash session, the Receptionist was very helpful, offering to have the Society removed from the courts. Yet with half an hour of our eighty minute session already elapsed it seemed futile, so we continued.
I feel very disappointed with the preferential system that seems to be in place at the University. Whilst I understand the importance of the Squash team to be able to train, I don’t agree with the arrogant manner with which we were discarded by the Squash team representative, and feel that if he is the Universities ambassador for the sport than there is certainly a lot to improve upon with regard to his interpersonal skills.
It is not simply his rudeness that has infuriated me, but also the blatant indifference that was shown to our evident waste of time. Whilst the two other people that I was due to play against are my housemates, due to our differing timetables it is difficult to organise set times when we are all available to play.
Such farcical belligerence has severely affected my faith in the University Sport System, and has further led to me seriously considering my membership renewal which is due in a mere matter of days.
Yours Sincerely,

James Ames.

SUMS MY LIFE UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment